Attributes of a Highly Effective Residence Manager
The LRM Estate Managers are trained to uphold the highest standards in service.
- The Residence is treated as a museum; all aspects are to be kept in perfect condition. All maintenance and repair items are to be reported to the Client and Client Representative with photos.
- As a Estate Manager, we are to always serve the best interest and desires of the Family. Our primary responsibility is to be of service to them.
- Security and confidentiality of most importance to the Family.
- Eye for detail; being a perfectionist is crucial. Each property has a Residence Photo Manual as to how everything is to be place; therefore for example, one has to have an eye if the chairs are in perfect alignment, are the pens placed in the crystal holders in the exact same position, is the silver polished, is the shower water temperature as indicated on the dial, is the room temperature as indicated on the Crestron, is there moss covering the base of the orchids, are the finger prints removed from the iPads, are the items on the tables/desks in proper position…
- Specific Protocols and Checklist have been established for the Resident Manager and Staff (or contracted housekeepers).
- Estate Management Protocol
- Pre-Arrival Checklist
- Arrival Day Checklist
- Natural Disaster Preparedness
- Staff Checklist
- Vendor List
- Lead with a team focus. Staff (contracted vendors) is/are key to how smoothly the Residence operates. LMR Managers, lead with an “enrollment” leadership style rather than “command”. Each staff member (contracted housekeeper) has responsibilities that are critical to the success of the Team.
- The Client Representative is our backbone support as they have direct communication with the Family. Our direct communication with the Family is limited, first funnel is typically through the Client Representative. They typically will assist in contract reviews and requesting required insurance coverage for all project-based work at the property.
- Logistic coordination; there are many facets to operating the Residence. An understanding of residential maintenance and construction is extremely helpful.
- Organization of Tasks:
- Family Requests and Approvals (Priorities)
- General Tasks
- Off Season Tasks
- Precise communication; keep communication to the point and use a brief bulleted format to provide updates with supporting photos.
Luxury Residential Management’s Core Values:
- We listen, we care, we serve from integrity
- We take 100% responsibility
- We do what we say we’ll do
- We practice open, real communication
- We face challenges with optimism
- We innovate and constantly improve
- We do the right thing